Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Were just waiting...

Well, it is just a matter of time now and everyone is waiting for Jack to come home. I have my flights, the paperwork is almost ready (Thanks Kate for doing the vast majority of it) and I am eating lots of fat to pad my bottom for the long flight to Bishkek. I have not enjoyed the waiting period since returning from Kyrgyzstan and I am very ready to go get our child. Our trip was pushed back one week while a court process was completed so our wait was a little longer than we thought it would be. The other families that I am traveling with have also been pushed back a week and they are eager to get back to their children as well. The upside to that is that we will continue to be together as a group. One thing that is different about this trip (aside from getting our child) is that I am not going in completely blind, I feel much more confident about what I am doing this time around. While there are still plenty of unknowns, I now know the people and understand the process a little better than the first time. Heck, I can even figure out the currency exchange rate all on my own now. A few more trips like this and I can call myself a world traveler.

More later,
Scott

No comments: