Thursday, March 29, 2007

Passing time

Starting to sound like a broken record, but not much to report today. Yesterday we attempted to pick up our Kazakhstan visas, but they were not yet ready. Sergei was upset with them as they has told us they would be ready. I don't think this impacts us one bit though, we don't have anything planned until Monday.

Jack and I continue to spend lots of quality time hanging out in our room. The rains have stopped for the moment, but it is still very cold out. It actually snowed yesterday, but only enough to turn the roof's white. It is still too cold however to go running around with a mildly sick infant. I will say that our room is much nicer than our last trip. It is very large and has enough room to lay the bedspread out for Jack to play on (see pictures). He is having a great time and continues to impress everyone with his pleasant demeanor.

I am doing just fine as well (thanks for asking...). My diaper changing skills are returning and my times are really starting to improve. With some more practice I should be ready for the diaper changing nationals in June. Jack and I are beginning to settle in to a daily routine. I was given a schedule by the orphanage and I am trying to loosely keep to it. We eat and sleep, play and poop and just hang out looking at each other. I continue to try different foods with some successes and a few notable failures (thanks for packing the laundry detergent honey).

I cannot wait to bring Kate and Jack together as he really needs his Mommy! I do somethings very well, but I cannot compete with Kate in the mommy department. A boy needs his mom and this poor little guy has never before had a mother to love him.

He also needs his big sister to help him out and keep him out of trouble, so get ready Mac cause a little bundle of pure energy is coming your way and he goes by the name of Jack!

John and Debbie are doing amazingly well with Maggie and Sam. We had lunch yesterday and they were fantastic (of course there were cartoons on the big screen). They are so happy to be with John and Debbie and I am really enjoying watching them. When the parents had to leave for an appointment last night, Sergei (Sam) cried. It was very cute and must make John and Debbie happy to know the children are attaching themselves to them.

Carolyn is doing well except for an upset tummy. We got to see Daniel a couple of times yesterday and he is great. I think Carolyn's having a really great effect on him and he seems like he is adjusting very well. He is a cutie and I will get some photo's of everyone up on the website soon. We have all just been doing our own thing lately and have not spent a whole lot of time together.

Enough for now, keep writing and letting me know what is happening in the real world.

Scott

1 comment:

OmegaPet-58 said...

News flash: I'm told that Kate successfully reset the [DSL Box?] and is now back on-line.
It was a sunny day today in SF with temps in the 70's. Sorry.
Tonight the Giants are playing exhibition game at Pac Bell, uh, AT&T [blech] park.
Nancy and I are off tomorrow [Friday] for Cesar Chavez holiday.