Tuesday, March 27, 2007

CAPTURED AND IN CUSTODY!

Jack is now in my possession and all is well. He is one happy little camper and I am having quite a time getting him to calm down enough to get some food in him. We eat a bit, play a bit and then eat some more. He is pretty wound up at the moment and seems to be having quite a good time. Lot's of cooing and kissing sounds.

Aside from gaining a bit of weight, he is MUCH more active than I remember. We are now standing (with a little help from Dad) and bouncing on his legs. He really enjoys the bouncing part and is wearing me out holding him up all day. We are also getting up on our hands and knees and almost crawling. He is playing with his blanket and pacifier. His Mommy threw in a toy bee that crinkles and he is loving that as well. We are very happy in our little jail cell (see bars in the photo) and I just roll him over to wherever I am sitting so he is close by. Anyway, Jack is fine but I am starting to remember what having a baby is like.

We ran out of time for our party at the orphanage, but left the cakes for everyone. Too bad, but we did have the chance to tell everyone thank you. I won't say I am sad to never see that place again though, I have had enough of it.

Now for the Rita and Sergey show! They are of course very excited, which is to be expected. They got their new clothes which was a big hit, and then took a ride in a car back to our hotel. It was all very thrilling for them and our coordinator spent a bit of time talking to them about how to behave. I guess we shall see how that went. We left them to get their lunch, but this story is just getting started.

I think Jack is finally going down for a nap. I thought he would never slow down. I must say I am very impressed with the activity he is showing. Last trip he was pretty docile, but no more! He is already acting more like a normal 9 month old and I am really starting to miss my wife now. Get ready Kate, he is not the same baby we left two months ago.

I look forward to hearing from all of you,

Scott

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Jack is adorable. I am so glad that he is more active. He looks ready to rumble in that picture. This trip is going to be a long one I think.

OmegaPet-58 said...

no more tokmak, no more commute of doom!
Jack looks great!

OmegaPet-58 said...

The red hair shows well in this new photo.