Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Just keeping on

Well, it is the beginning of day three with Jack and things continue to go well. Jack is behaving and having a good time, although he does have a cold. We are bonding and it is surprising just how fast that happens. Jack now even has a problem with me leaving the room. I left him with Carolyn yesterday so I could go to the store and he cried a bit after I had gone. Most of the time he is just fine, I think it is when he is tired that it is a problem. He watches me as I move about the room and makes all kinds of cute noises when I talk to him. He is very responsive and expressive. He really is a happy little boy.

There again is not much to report from here. Most of our time is spent at the hotel with the children. The weather is not that great and we can't really take the kids outdoors so they are stuck in the rooms. Tonight Ludmilla (our Frank Foundation coordinator) will babysit all four children while the adults get to go to the consulate for visa applications with Sergey (her husband). We don't even leave until 5pm so it will be a bit of a late night.

John and Debbie are doing well and the children are coming along nicely. They are starting to settle down and listen to Mom and Dad. We don't see quite as much of them as we would like as they eat most of their meals in their room to keep the kids stimulation down to a manageable level. The trick seems to be working and meals are reported to be much better than the first nights dinner. They are venturing out for lunch on occasion and perhaps can get down for a dinner or two later. Both John and Debbie are doing a great job and will have the kids well under control before long.

Carolyn and Daniel are also doing well. Daniel is keeping Carolyn very busy as he seems to be rather fond of attention. He is also very vocal when he wants something, be it food or something else. She does seem to love it though and is becoming very attached to him. As with Jack and I, Carolyn and Daniel are bonding. She really enjoys just being the two of them for a bit. She was telling me about how she has wanted a child for so long and I think that the time alone with Daniel is really special to her. Me, I just want to get home.

Well, that about it for now. I am running out of things to blabber on about. I will post more photo's as I take them.

More later,
Scott

2 comments:

OmegaPet-58 said...

I need to get myself some of those tiger-pattern pajama bottoms.

Anonymous said...

Jack is just the cutest ever! Those PJs are too adorable for words.