Sunday, April 1, 2007

Follow the yellow brick road

Ok, the road is not really all that yellow and I seriously doubt we are going to stop to pick up hitchhikers like a lion, scarecrow or some guy in a tin suit during our journey, but we are taking the road to Almaty tonight and that is something. Sorry, I was watching the Wizard of Oz up in John and Debbie's room the other night and the theme stuck.

I am feeling a little sick but I should be fine for our drive tonight. Seems almost everyone is having one sort of problem or another, but I feel ready to go and just want to get this thing done. At this point I believe that the entire process is completed except for getting Jack in to the United States. The adoption process is over, and we are only left with immigration. It is nice to complete each step and move to the next one.

Of course the last and biggest step (at least for me) will be the flight home. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I am excited to go home, yet fearful of what the trip could be like. I will continue to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Not much else I can do. Jack is a trooper and I know he can do it. The little guy even let me sleep some extra hours by going to bed himself last night at 5pm and sleeping until 6am this morning. It was awful nice of him to give daddy a little extra time on his own. His mood seems to have improved as well (I wonder why?).

Well, it will soon be time to start packing all of my stuff up and vacate the room. I think I will probably head up to John and Debbie's and hang out there until the cars come to pick us up. They have asked for a late checkout so we don't need to leave until we are ready. Hopefully the next report will be from Almaty.

Click, click click, there's no place like home. There's no place like home.....Shoot, it didn't work! I guess we are going to have to take the airplane home Jack.

More later,
Scott

No comments: